經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
2. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
3. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
4. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
5. The leaves
as the wind blew.
6. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
7. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
8. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
9. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
11. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
12. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
13. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
15. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
16. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
17. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
18. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
19. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
20. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
21. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
22. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
23. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
24. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
25. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
26. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
27. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
28. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
29. The court found him
and he was released.
30. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
31. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
32. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
33. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
34. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
35. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
36. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
37. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
38. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
40. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
41. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
42. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
43. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
44. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
45. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
46. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
47. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
48. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
49. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
50. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account