國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
2. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
3. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
4. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
5. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
6. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
7. Excess sodium in the diet may lead to high blood pressure or hypertension,
(A)it is a disease affecting one in four Americans
(B)is a disease affecting one out of four Americans
(C)a disease affecting one in four Americans
(D)one in four Americans are affected by this disease
8. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
11. Kevin decided to still apply for the graduate programs in the US,
that he might not get into one because of his below average TOFEL score.
12. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
13. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
14. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
15. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
16. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
17. The court found him
and he was released.
18. The leaves
as the wind blew.
19. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
20. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
21. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
22. To prevent students from parking in the parking area assigned for faculty members, the school administration
a new regulation.
23. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
24. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
25. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
26. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
27. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
29. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
31. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
32. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
33. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
34. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
35. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
37. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
38. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
39. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
40. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
41. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
42. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
43. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
44. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
45. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
46. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
47. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
48. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
49. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
50. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.