經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
2. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
3. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
4. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
6. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
7. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
8. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
9. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
10. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
11. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
12. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
13. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
15. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
16. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
17. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
18. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
19. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
20. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
21. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
22. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
23. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
24. Excess sodium in the diet may lead to high blood pressure or hypertension,
(A)it is a disease affecting one in four Americans
(B)is a disease affecting one out of four Americans
(C)a disease affecting one in four Americans
(D)one in four Americans are affected by this disease
25. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
26. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
27. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
28. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
29. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
30. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
31. Salt and sugar are usually used to
32. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
33. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
34. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
37. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
38. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
39. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
40. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
41. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
42. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
43. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
44. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
45. To prevent students from parking in the parking area assigned for faculty members, the school administration
a new regulation.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
47. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
48. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
49. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
50. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.