國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
2. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
3. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
4. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
5. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
6. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
7. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
8. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
9. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
10. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
12. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
14. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
15. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
16. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
17. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
18. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
19. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
22. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
23. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
25. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
26. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
27. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
28. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
29. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
31. Excess sodium in the diet may lead to high blood pressure or hypertension,
(A)it is a disease affecting one in four Americans
(B)is a disease affecting one out of four Americans
(C)a disease affecting one in four Americans
(D)one in four Americans are affected by this disease
32. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
33. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
34. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
35. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
36. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
37. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
38. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
39. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
40. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
41. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
42. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
43. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
44. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
45. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
46. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
47. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
49. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
50. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.