國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
3. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
4. The leaves
as the wind blew.
5. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
6. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
7. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
8. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
9. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
10. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
11. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
12. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
13. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
14. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
15. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
16. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
17. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
18. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
19. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
20. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
21. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
22. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
23. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
24. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
25. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
26. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
27. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
28. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
29. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
30. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
31. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
32. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
33. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
34. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
35. Salt and sugar are usually used to
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
37. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
38. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
39. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
40. To prevent students from parking in the parking area assigned for faculty members, the school administration
a new regulation.
41. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
42. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
43. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
44. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
45. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
46. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
47. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
48. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
49. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
50. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.