國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. Salt and sugar are usually used to
2. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
3. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
4. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
5. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
6. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
8. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
9. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
10. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
13. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
14. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
15. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
16. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
18. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
20. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
21. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
22. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
23. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
24. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
25. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
26. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
27. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
28. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
29. Kevin decided to still apply for the graduate programs in the US,
that he might not get into one because of his below average TOFEL score.
30. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
31. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
32. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
33. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
34. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
35. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
36. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
38. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
39. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
40. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
41. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
42. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
43. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
44. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
45. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
46. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
47. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
48. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
49. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
50. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.