經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
2. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
3. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
4. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
5. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
6. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
8. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
9. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
10. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
11. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
12. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
13. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
14. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
15. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
16. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
17. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
18. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
19. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
20. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
21. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
22. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
23. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
24. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
25. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
26. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
27. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
28. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
29. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
30. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
32. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
33. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
34. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
35. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
36. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
37. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
38. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
39. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
40. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
41. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
42. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
43. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
44. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
45. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
46. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
47. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
48. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
49. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
50. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with