經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
2. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
3. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
4. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
5. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
6. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
7. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
9. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
10. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
11. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
12. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
13. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
14. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
15. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
16. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
17. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
18. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
20. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
21. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
22. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
24. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
25. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
26. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
27. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
28. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
29. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
30. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
31. The court found him
and he was released.
32. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
33. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
34. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
35. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
36. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
37. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
38. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
39. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
40. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
41. Kevin decided to still apply for the graduate programs in the US,
that he might not get into one because of his below average TOFEL score.
42. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
43. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
44. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
45. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
46. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
47. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
48. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
49. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
50. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.