經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
2. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
3. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
4. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
5. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
6. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
7. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
8. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
9. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
10. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
11. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
12. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
14. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
15. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
16. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
17. The leaves
as the wind blew.
18. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
19. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
20. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
21. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
23. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
24. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
25. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
26. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
27. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
28. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
29. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
30. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
31. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
32. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
33. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
34. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
35. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
36. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
37. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
38. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
40. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
41. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
42. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
43. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
44. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
45. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
46. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
48. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
49. Kevin decided to still apply for the graduate programs in the US,
that he might not get into one because of his below average TOFEL score.
50. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.