國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
2. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
3. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
4. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
5. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
6. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
7. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
8. Salt and sugar are usually used to
9. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
10. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
11. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
12. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
13. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
14. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
16. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
17. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
18. The court found him
and he was released.
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
20. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
21. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
22. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
23. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
24. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
25. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
27. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
28. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
29. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
30. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
31. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
32. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
33. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
34. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
36. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
37. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
38. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
39. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
40. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
41. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
42. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
43. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
44. Excess sodium in the diet may lead to high blood pressure or hypertension,
(A)it is a disease affecting one in four Americans
(B)is a disease affecting one out of four Americans
(C)a disease affecting one in four Americans
(D)one in four Americans are affected by this disease
45. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
46. Kevin decided to still apply for the graduate programs in the US,
that he might not get into one because of his below average TOFEL score.
47. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
48. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
49. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
50. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.