國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
2. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
3. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
4. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
5. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
6. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
7. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
8. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
9. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
10. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
11. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
12. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
13. Salt and sugar are usually used to
14. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
15. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
16. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
17. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
18. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
19. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
20. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
21. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
22. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
23. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
24. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
25. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
26. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
27. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
28. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
29. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
30. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
31. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
32. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
33. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
34. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
35. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
37. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
38. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
39. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
40. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
41. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
43. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
47. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
48. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
49. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
50. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to