經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
2. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
3. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
5. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
7. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
8. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
9. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
10. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
11. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
12. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
13. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
14. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
15. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
16. The leaves
as the wind blew.
17. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
19. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
20. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
22. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
23. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
24. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
25. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
26. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
27. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
28. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
29. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
30. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
31. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
32. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
33. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
34. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
35. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
37. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
38. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
39. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
40. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
41. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
43. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
44. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
45. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
46. To prevent students from parking in the parking area assigned for faculty members, the school administration
a new regulation.
47. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
48. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
49. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
50. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.