國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
2. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
3. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
4. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
5. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
6. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
7. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
8. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
9. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
10. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
11. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
12. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
13. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
14. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
16. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
18. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
19. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
21. Excess sodium in the diet may lead to high blood pressure or hypertension,
(A)it is a disease affecting one in four Americans
(B)is a disease affecting one out of four Americans
(C)a disease affecting one in four Americans
(D)one in four Americans are affected by this disease
22. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
23. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
25. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
26. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
27. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
28. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
30. Kevin decided to still apply for the graduate programs in the US,
that he might not get into one because of his below average TOFEL score.
31. Salt and sugar are usually used to
32. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
33. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
34. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
35. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
36. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
37. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
38. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
39. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
40. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
41. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
42. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
43. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
44. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
45. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
46. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
47. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
48. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
49. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
50. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth