經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
2. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
3. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
4. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
5. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
6. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
7. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
8. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
9. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
11. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
12. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
13. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
14. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
16. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
17. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
18. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
19. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
21. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
22. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
23. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
24. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
25. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
26. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
27. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
28. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
29. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
30. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
31. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
32. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
33. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
34. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
35. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
36. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
38. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
39. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
40. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
41. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
42. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
43. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
44. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
45. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
46. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
47. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
49. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
50. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to