中華郵政 » 專業職(二)外勤 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. Mandarin is widely [____] in the world, and you can find Chinese food restaurants in many big cities.
2. John: So you have a crush on Helen?Ken: Shh! This is between you and me, you know.John: [____]
(A)Sure, there is no hurry.
(B)Yes, she is the apple of her parents’ eye.
(C)Don’t worry. Helen is not in a rush.
(D)Of course, I won’t tell anyone.
3. Another innovation which has helped blind people [____] the training of guide dogs.
4. Tom had stayed up watching movies and _____ this morning.
5. It's getting late. Let's [____].
(A)call a spade a spade
(B)call it a day
(C)call the shots
(D)call the nature
6. The new technique in a Malaysia based garment manufacturing company has [____] them to double the production of the factory.
7. The newly built gym has [____] equipments with qualified trainers to provide personal services.
(A)the much latter
(C)the most used
8. My boss is very [____]; he keeps asking us to complete assigned tasks within the limited time span.
9. I remember [____] him before. But I couldn’t remember the place and time.
10. A:“Hello. Could you put me through to Philip from the Sales Department, please?”B:[____]
(A)Sorry. Maybe I said it wrong.
(B)Sorry. He’s not available right now. Can I take a message?
(C)Okay. I will see you at eight.
(D)Well, not exactly.
11. The president of the United States can only serve two [____] of four years each.
12. Though it is too early to say whether the storm will make [____] in Taiwan, it is predicted heavy rain for northern and eastern parts of the island over the coming days.
13. Our teacher always tells us that knowledge should be [____] through years, not gained in one day.
14. In the past year I have developed an important relationship with my [____].
15. All parcels are subject to [____] clearance; therefore, senders are requested to fill out these forms.
16. The candidates' challenge in the 2008 election was [____]: to get supporters out to the meetings and to win over the large numbers of undecided voters.
17. Seasonal flu vaccinations began yesterday, leading to long lines at hospitals and health centers [____] the island.
18. According to the health official, the rate of increasing number of cases is not beyond [____] is expected and the symptoms of all the patients are mild.
19. A:What was his major in the university?B:_____________
(A)The main point was his job.
(B)He studied Math.
(C)He used to be a solider.
(D)He loved watching DVDs when he was a student.
20. The man, [____], is going to give a lecture at our school.
(A)that I saw yesterday
(B)to who I came across yesterday
(C)whoever I saw yesterday
(D)whom I came across yesterday
21. I am sure I had made quite a good [____] on the personnel manager in the interview because I got the job.
22. John has to [____] the annual report to the manager before this Friday; otherwise, he will be in trouble.
23. The Dalai Lama arrived in Taiwan last night for a six-day visit to [____] victims of Typhoon Morakot.
24. A bargain hunter must have patience, and above all, [____] recognize the worth of something when he or she sees it.
(C)be able to
(D)be capable of
25. Michelle often reviews research papers for one of the top journals in [____] genetics.
26. Do you know [____]?
(A)what has happened to Martin
(B)who is that man at the door
(C)how can we make our English better
(D)where does he live in America
27. Sophia has profound knowledge of Greek history, which makes her a [____] in that field.
28. Taiwan is [____] most countries for tourists.
29. Mary’s watch is as expensive as her husband’s. Her father’s watch is [____] theirs.
(A)as much as twice
(C)twice as much as
(D)as twice more
30. A:Have you decided where you're going on holiday this year?B:[____]
(A)Warm and sunny every day.
(B)I know where you can book your ticket.
(C)Not yet. I'll have to contact my travel agent first.
(D)No way! I'm going abroad this year.
31. [____] went a baseball game yesterday.
(A)I and my sister
(B)I with my sister
(C)My sister and I
(D)My sister with I
32. The exterior of Tina's apartment has an exceptionally large [____].
33. While English is the [____] language in the US, Spanish is very widely spoken, especially in the south-western states.
34. A: You can keep the change.B:[____]
(A)Change is good.
(C)Not at all!
35. A: Excuse me. Can I try this blouse on?B:[____]
(B)Well, you might pick up a bargain.
(C)Certainly, the changing rooms are over there.
(D)Why don't you take it back and see if you can?
36. The post office announces that airmail service to Haiti is temporarily [____] due to the severe earthquake in January.
37. Despite facing an imminent labor shortage as its population ages, Japan has done [____] to open itself up to immigration.
38. Middle children often feel less important than their older or younger [____].
39. In May and June, the museum [____] a series of one-week exhibitions.
(A)will put up to
(B)will put up with
(C)will be putting on
(D)will be putting out
40. A: Are you sure we’re on the right way to the post office?B: Yes, [_____]
(A)I want to go there with you.
(B)The sign we just passed said Po-Ai Rd, and that’s the road we have to take.
(C)I am so curious about how the building looks like. It must be amazing.
(D)I am sure the land belongs to Mr. Wang.
41. Many of America’s parks and monuments have been made possible by the [____] donations of its citizens.
42. Jason [____] a moment before replying because he was not sure how to respond to the interviewer’s question.
43. I would prefer staying home rather than [____] you to the pop concert.
44. Since he was born, his parents _____ very good care of him and denied him nothing.
(C)had been taken
45. The boss was [____] Ted’s laziness and decided to fire him.
(A)fed up with
46. A:Excuse me. The bathroom tap's dripping in my room.B:[____]
(A)You have to go to the Lost and Found.
(B)I'm sorry. We'll send someone up right away.
(C)Thanks, we'd better call the police.
(D)Thanks. We'll send the dinner to your room right away.
47. Mother Teresa [____] her [____] life aiding the sick and the homeless. Her selfless love has been highly praised by the world.
48. Watch your manners. You are not supposed to be so [____].
49. Schizophrenia is a kind of [____] caused partially by utter isolation from the outside world.
50. He was to my left, seated, since he couldn’t stand up for the hour his talk [____] last.