中華郵政 » 專業職(二)外勤 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. You should live within your income. Otherwise, you won’t be able to earn enough money to [____].
(A)break the ice
(C)hunt for bargains
(D)make ends meet
2. Mr. Johnson wore a suit and tie [____].
(A)an important meeting was waiting for him
(B)because he had an important meeting to attend
(C)he had an important meeting to attend
(D)so was an important meeting to attend
3. A:Do you know when the new traffic rules will become effective?B: [____]
(A)It is ten past ten.
(B)So far so good.
(C)As far as I know, it is in January 2011.
(D)I know an efficient method.
4. A:“The firefighters saved me just before the house collapsed!”B:[____]
(B)Wow! That was really incredible!
(C)Wow! That was funny.
(D)Where were you?
5. The Jade Mountain [____] with snow in winter.
6. As a diplomat, Helen always pays special attention to table manners and social [____] in banquets and parties.
7. He is a [____] person. He doesn’t like changes but enjoys old ways of thinking.
8. A: Have you finished writing your annual report?B: Not yet. [____]
(A)I plan to finish it this week.
(B)I need to do that every year.
(C)We don’t know of any reports.
(D)We can think of many more.
9. John felt the house shaken and [____] out immediately.
10. I sent Tom a present as a token of my [____] for his kind assistance.
11. Mother Teresa [____] her [____] life aiding the sick and the homeless. Her selfless love has been highly praised by the world.
12. The [____] woman made a point of visiting people in the hospital who had no relatives to visit them.
13. Taiwan is [____] most countries for tourists.
14. An American may have great difficulty [____] a Chinese from a Japanese. To westerners, they are both Asian.
15. His efforts to improve the company have been very [_____].
16. Healthcare workers, pregnant women and children aged between 6 months and 6 years are set to be [____] recipients of immunization vaccine against the H1N1 virus.
For more information, please call Paul Stanley at (02)2422-8769 or ______ http://uoftaichung.edu.tw.
18. You should lie down and take some rest if you feel _____.
19. John, please remember [____] off the lights when you leave.
20. Linda is an [____] friend of mine; there is no secret between us, and we always share our happiness and sorrow.
21. A: Are you sure we’re on the right way to the post office?B: Yes, [_____]
(A)I want to go there with you.
(B)The sign we just passed said Po-Ai Rd, and that’s the road we have to take.
(C)I am so curious about how the building looks like. It must be amazing.
(D)I am sure the land belongs to Mr. Wang.
22. Our manager _____ from his position yesterday because he needed more time to take care of his sick father.
23. A: My mother will be annoyed if we are late for dinner.B: _____
(A)You should try to be on time.
(B)You should recall her name.
(C)You are able to work.
(D)You are qualified.
24. The two companies signed a document to strengthen [____] business relations.
25. Successful students [____] their notes after they finish taking them.
26. Bodyguards were on alert throughout the presidential [____].
27. A cat got into the kennel last night and created a tremendous _____.
28. This city [____] 300 days of warm sunshine, with cooler evenings and occasional showers in the months between December and March.
29. A: Would you like some cereal for breakfast?B:[____]
(A)Yes, two pieces, please.
(C)I'll just have a little dressing, please.
(D)Yes, some cornflakes would be nice.
30. She bought some carrots, potatoes and [____] to make salad.
31. This novel was mainly [____] by a stranger he met on his last trip to London.
32. To keep the glass clean, you need to wipe your mouth with the [____] before drinking the wine.
33. Retarded children are most [____] to physical abuses in a family.
34. All transportation vehicles should be well-[____] and kept in good running condition.
35. [____] Daisy has spent two hours shopping in Sears, she still cannot find the kind of hat she wants.
36. I would prefer staying home rather than [____] you to the pop concert.
37. Unlike other springs locations, Taian Hot Springs is relatively serene, with no more than six large-scale resorts in the area, so the place is not as [____] as Wulai and Beitou.
38. A(n) [____] number of volunteers showed up in the press conference.
39. A:Are you available tomorrow afternoon? I want to bring my project to your office. B: [____] Please email it to me.A: That's a good idea. Thanks.
(A)My office is located near the new shopping center.
(B)How do you know?
(C)We can have afternoon tea together.
(D)I am sorry. I will have an all-day meeting.
40. In yesterday’s protest, the demonstrators [____] leaflets of their claims against air pollution to passers-by.
41. If the rain doesn’t stop soon, we should consider [____] Joe’s farewell party.
42. A: “Why don’t we go to the baseball game?”B:[____]
(A)Thanks. It is my treat.
(B)I’d love to, but I already promised to go shopping with my sister.
(C)Maybe I’ll see you later.
(D)Sounds great. I would like to call my mom.
43. Mary’s uncle passed away yesterday. The _____ will be held next Tuesday.
44. Although the farmers had to work in the mud, they were all pleased, [____] the rain had come in the nick of time.
45. Sexual [____] is regarded as a serious violation of women’s rights.
46. The newly built gym has [____] equipments with qualified trainers to provide personal services.
(A)the much latter
(C)the most used
47. It was so dark that [____] anything.
(A)hardly could we see
(B)hardly we could see
(C)we could hardly see
(D)could we hardly see
48. [____] went a baseball game yesterday.
(A)I and my sister
(B)I with my sister
(C)My sister and I
(D)My sister with I
49. Michelle often reviews research papers for one of the top journals in [____] genetics.
50. Many people say couples tend to resemble each other. It seems that the longer they stay together, _____ they will become.
(C)the more similar
(D)the more similarly